Word of Life incorporates numerous methods to enhance comprehension for all styles of learners. These methods are integrated for you within the structure of each chapter.
- Conversational Learning: Word of Life is written intentionally to provide teachers with an effective way of presenting the truths of each chapter. The Teacher Manual provides engaging questions and clarifying statements that you can read straight from the book if you choose. More experienced teachers can choose to summarize bullet points in their own words.
- Repetition: Young minds absorb information through repeatedly hearing, seeing, and doing. The Word of Life series gives several opportunities throughout a chapter for repetition of key phrases and Scripture passages.
- Memorization: Young minds absorb everything they see and hear. The Word of Life series provides short phrases (Proclamation) and Scripture verses (Memory Verse Activity) that can be memorized through repetition.
- Routine: The ecclesial method provides a routine and structure for students. Knowing what to expect and what is expected of them allows children to feel more confident.
- Hands-On Learning: Every human person is a complex being with a body, mind, and soul. Word of Life recognizes that our faith is incarnational—that God entered time and history. The series is filled with opportunities for students to engage with sacramental signs, liturgical objects, a sacred space, and sacramentals to integrate hands-on learning.
- Real-World Practice: Lessons on reverent behavior, silent prayer, and the practice of virtue require habits to be formed at a young age. Word of Life incorporates ageappropriate activities to help students build these habits and to prepare them for maturity in the faith.
- Diverse Learners: Word of Life provides teaching methodologies that are effective for a diverse range of learners. For this reason, Word of Life lessons can reach students with different levels of ability, learning preferences, and learning needs.
- Reading Comprehension Level: Care has been taken to ensure that all Student Text lessons have been written at appropriate reading levels according to common educational industry standards.